SELLING BOATS BY AUCTION
Although our core business at Geoff Lovett International is marketing vessels through our active brokerage operation, from time to time, we realize that for various reasons it is necessary to offer boats through a public auction process.
In order to offer our valued clients including financial institutions, receivers and managers or private customers the best possible service we have formed a relationship with a number of different Auction houses such as Marine Auctions and GraysOnline, both professional and experienced auction houses.
We have worked successfully to conclude a number of sales with our colleagues and can create a marketing plan specifically for your vessel using the proven auction process or a combination of private treaty and auction.
For information on the auction method, please contact our office on 07 5526 4144.
• Online Auctions: with over 1,000,000 unique visitors each month our website www.graysonline.com gives every sale listed enormous exposure into a true national and international market place. The internet traffic to our sales and our reputation for representing realistic and serious sellers enables us to achieve premium auction prices for marine assets. By way of comparison, our main auction competitors Pickles and Fowles average approximately 65,000 unique visitors each month (source- Nielson Net Ratings)
• Proprietary Sale Database: Graymail is our proprietary database of registered purchasers, containing over 850,000 buyers across 50 asset classes. Graymail enables us to quickly and cost effectively target known buyers for particular classes of assets, such as boats. Graymail is a major contributor to our ability to obtain premium prices for assets.
Currently over 44,000 registered buyers on our Graymail database across Australia and New Zealand have indicated a particular interest in the sale of marine assets.
In addition to targeted campaigns to marine buyers, daily and weekly Graymails are sent across the database, exposing vessels to an extremely wide base of potential buyers.
• Buyer Demographic of our Users: male / female skew 65% / 35%, average buyer age 41. This fits well with the core target market for marine industry sales.
• Leading Edge Marketing Tools: we invest significant resources to ensure that our sales stand out from our competitors. We employ marketing and public relations experts in house to ensure we provide innovative solutions that ensure sales receive maximum targeted exposure. Our online presence allows us to capitalise on internet search traffic and we invest significant of our own resources on Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation to ensure internet users looking for particular assets will be directed to those assets on our website.
• Results: Vessels listed on www.graysonline.com have a reputation for selling. We do not bulk list vessels, and will only commence a campaign for a vessel if we believe realistic pricing exists.
GraysOnline regularly manage the disposal of marine industry assets, from runabouts & jet skis through to multimillion dollar super yachts. In addition they have handled the sales of a significant volume of related chandlery, vessel production equipment and related assets in the marine industry.
We regularly act for Private Vendors, Wholesalers, Brokers, Manufacturers, Financiers, and Insolvency Practitioners.
Below are samples of our most recent large vessels sales:-
• 2001 Wave Piercing 88’ Catamaran
• 2006 Warren 87’ Motor Yacht
• 2003 Princess 61’ Flybridge Cruiser
• 1992 Sunseeker 60’ Renegade
• 2007 Ocean Alexander 52’ Sports Cruiser
• 2008 Buizen 48’ Pilothouse Yacht
• 2006 Atlantis Italy 47’ Sports Cruiser
• 2007 Atlantis Italy 42’ Sports Cruiser
• 2003 Beneteau 47.7’ First Yacht
• 2005 Fastlane 40’ Performance Cruiser
• 2003 Sunrunner 3700 LE Sports Cruiser
• 1990 Tri Deck Motor Yacht 95